The Saïd Business School of University of Oxford is offering Skoll Scholarship for MBA students in order to pursue entrepreneurial Solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. The skoll Center offers five scholarships every year. These scholarships include college and course fees which cost £44,150. Additional funds will be provided as living expenses £8000. Student will be responsible for meeting the financial guarantee by other means necessary. In exceptional cases, the Scholarship Committee may consider requests for fully scholarship coverage including the financial guarantee.
Scholarship Committee assesses need based on previous earning, geographical location and future earning potential.
Last date to apply is 30 October 2015(stage 2). 8 January 2016(stage 3) and 18 March 2016(stage 4).
For stage 2 interview decisions will be made by 20 November 2015 and the final decision will be made by 11 December 2015, for 3 stage, interview decisions will be on made on 29 January 2016 and the final decision will be made on 04 March 2016 and for 4 stage interview decisions will be on made 08 April 2016 and on 29 April 2016 final decisions will be made.
- Applicant must started and grown a social venture that has been running at least12 month or have been responsible for leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or program within that venture.
- Applicant must demonstrate some evidence of their need for the Scholarship
- Applicant must demonstrate how a business education can contribute to the wider development of the community within which they work. They will need to illustrate why a business degree at this stage of their career can help amplify their impact.
- Applicant must demonstrate evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with social entrepreneurial leadership such as: persistence in pursuit of a social/environmental benefit goal, a bias toward action rather than reflection, a willingness to take personal risks, a habit of developing a network and using it to pursue mutual goals, and a tendency to explore the environment for opportunities and resources.
- Students from any country can apply for this scholarship.
How to apply:
In order to apply for Skoll Scholarship first you need to apply and must be accepted onto Said business School’s MBA program. You have to state your interest in the Scholarship section of MBA application form. When your MBA application is submitted, the MBA admissions team will first assess your application to ensure that you meet the academic requirements sought by Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted into the MBA programme, the Skoll Centre will send you a personal statement request (comprised of essay questions) that needs to be completed in order for you to be considered for the Scholarship. Please do not request the Skoll Scholarship essay from the admission team – you will receive it from the Skoll Centre following your acceptance to the MBA programme. The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly.
The MBA Admissions Committee considers a wide range of criteria for admission to the program however in order to apply to our MBA you need to meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree
- Relevant professional experience
- GMAT or GRE score
- English test (if required)
- Written work
- A completed application form
DEADLINE (Last date to Apply):
The application deadline is 30 October 2015 (Stage 2), 8 January 2016 (Stage 3) and 18 March 2016 (Stage 4).
For more Information please visit Official Website