HEC invites applications from medical doctors and dentists registered with PMDC employed by a hospital affiliated to a medical university to enable them to spend between three and six months at a UK hospital undertaking a program designed to enhance their clinical skills. All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, quality of the research proposal, potential of the candidate, and the likely impact of the work on the development of Pakistan.
The primary aims of Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are for Medical Fellows to learn a new medical or dental skill, and to network with others in the same and related specialties. The secondary aims are for Medical Fellows to participate in the academic activities of the host organization, and to conduct small-scale research projects. Awards are tenable at any approved UK university hospital, for between three months and six months. A minimum of 4 months is recommended.
* Be a Pakistani AJK citizen/permanently resident of Pakistan
* Have met the English language requirements of the General Medical Council (GMC) or General Dental Council (GDC) by 15 April 2016.
* Be available to commence their fellowship in the United Kingdom from September/October 2016
* Be in the employment of the nominating medical university or employed by a hospital affiliated to a medical university
* Have qualified as either a doctor or dentist between 1 October 2006 and 30 September 2009, or before 1 October 2001.
Final selection of the candidates and host institutions will be made by the UK Commission. The selection committee will grade the applications on the basis of:
- The academic merit.
- The quality of the proposed programme/ study plan
iii. The likely development impact that a candidate will have after their award.
How to Apply:
* Download HEC-Application Form and fill it by using MS word (click here to download).
* Fill online Commonwealth application form (for respective scholarship program) through Electronic Application System (EAS), from online application by selecting HEC as your nominating agency. Get three (03) printouts of your online application form (duly filled and signed by the head/Vice Chancellor), as described on HEC website. The applications without EAS Application form will not be entertained.
* Attach attested copies of all the documents with EAS filled in EAS application form (03 sets in spiral binding each separately). One set of HEC application form along with Online Bank Deposit Slip endorsed by employer separately, as mentioned in the HEC-Application Form, available on the HEC website.
* Attach the payment receipt of Rs. 1000 (Application Processing Fee) with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose.
* HEC will conduct interviews of potential candidates initially prescreened by Commonwealth through the experts at HEC and after interview, finally shortlisted candidates will be required to take IELTS academic test and further nominated to Commonwealth UK for further processing.
* Incomplete applications or applications received after HEC deadline, will NOT be accepted, for further processing. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding. Further, final selection will be made by the Commonwealth. Please note that HEC nomination does not guarantee for final selection.
* Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. HEC prefers equal opportunity, however, females are encouraged to apply. Please send filled in EAS application form along-with documents in spiral binding (3 sets) each separately and one copy of HEC application form duly filled in and signed by employer separately along with bank receipt on or before deadline, on the address given below:
Detailed instructions are available in the application form and also uploaded on the website, i.e. official website;which must be read thoroughly, before sending application.Reference letters should be submitted in sealed envelopes
October 30, 2015
In – charge FFSP
Commonwealth United Kingdom
Higher Education Commission
Email: [email protected]
Key search: HEC scholsarships 2016, HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2016, HEC Medical fellowship 2016,Enhancing Clinical Skills